Sunday, October 19, 2014

Veteran's Day Song for Children: Author School Visit


Debbie Clement Makes an Author-Illustrator School Visit in NJ!
"Paint your own Rainbow" 

The {SURPRISE} Story of an Author-Illustrator School Visit

Just over two weeks ago I received an order for my newest picture book "Red, White and Blue" by way of TpT. I always like to sign and personalize my books whenever possible. In getting the order ready to ship, I noticed that her school is in New Jersey. As chance would have it, my travel plans were to be in NJ for a presentation at the state AEYC conference. Two plus two = author visit! 

Green Hills Elementary in NJ

With barely two weeks of planning and preparation, I walked in the front door to enthusiasm, excitement and prepared kindergarten and first grade students. To make that happen? It takes a couple of amazing teachers and the support of a school superintendent plus one 'go-to-PTA' to pull a rabbit out of the hat with this little notice.  

BEWARE: Ordering a picture book may indeed pave the way for the author walking in the front door a heartbeat later! 

It takes a VILLAGE to Create a School Visit: Kindergarten Teachers get Organized

Take a look at the creative projects underway in preparation for Veteran's Day!
These were being made in the art room.*

*I have LOTS to show you from this amazingly creative art teacher over the weeks ahead! 

Patriotic Stars Created in Honor of Veteran's Day


Veteran's Day Writing in Kindergarten


Veteran's Day Writing in Kindergarten at RainbowsWithinReach

Veteran's Day Writing in Kindergarten at RainbowsWithinReach

Veteran's Day Writing in Kindergarten at RainbowsWithinReach


Veteran's Day Writing in Kindergarten at RainbowsWithinReach


Veteran's Day Writing in Kindergarten at RainbowsWithinReach

Veteran's Day Writing in Kindergarten at RainbowsWithinReach

Here's my digital download version of the song and support materials. 
The zipped file is available at Teachers Pay Teachers. 

"Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement (digital download)

If you HURRY I think there's still sufficient time to order the physical picture book, that needs the time to get from me to you. You can get that at TpT too. 

"Red, White and Blue" Picture Book {and song} for Patriotic Presentations, by Debbie Clement


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...